Answered By: Kimberly Morin Last Updated: Sep 12, 2017 Views: 14
For U.S. companies:
- Reference USA enables users to conduct a custom search to help identify and compare companies. Custom search options include business type, geography, business size and ownership type.
- Demographics Now enables users to compare the business demographics and produce comprehensive business lists.
For U.S. public companies and some private companies, these databases allow you to create custom lists and rankings based on a number of critera:
- LexisNexis Academic: Company Dossiers
- Business Insights: Essentials
- Mergent Online
- PrivCO (Source for private companies)
For International companies:
- D&B Global Business Browser (formerly Onesource) enables users to create a list based on criteria including: business name, executive name, sales volume, assets, number of employees, geography, and more.
All the above library databases allow you to export lists into Excel for further manipulation. For help with these library databases or to find additional sources of information, please Ask a Librarian or visit the Company Research Guide for search tips using the above resources.