Answered By: Dominique Winn Last Updated: Jul 27, 2017 Views: 7
1. View our libguide on comparative politics http://libguides.bentley.edu/content.php?pid=675637&sid=5599123
2. OECD has country profiles for environment for multiple nations. [BEST] http://www.oecd.org/
- Locate their documents called "OECD Environment Programme" which are downloadable.
- To get these, search "Austria AND environment" by top search bar on opening page
Alternatively, still in OECD:
- Go in by "topic" on the ribbon
- Expand "environment"
- Navigate "environment" page for data. Drawback: not easily segmented by nation.
Alternative, in OECD:
- Select "Publications" in top navigation
- Select "by theme and country" and enter your choices
- Many article hits appear in English and host nation's language
3. Europa.eu [VERY GOOD] http://europa.eu/pol/
To find documentation on environment of individual nation
- Enter "Austria and environment" in search box on opening page
- Hits of profiles, webpages, articles, reports about your country and topic should be arrayed in a list
- Your country's profile should be among these hits I.e. Austria
Alternatively, still in EU, find EU/federal level documents commenting on environment for all 28 countries.
- Select "by topic" found on top navigation
- Select "environment" is included in the offerings.
Drawback, this page is broad level discussion and not easily separated into individual nations http://europa.eu/pol/env/index_en.htm
4. European Environmental Law Homepage [GOOD] http://www.asser.nl/EEL/
- Select "National Pages" on the top navigation
- Countries are displayed alphabetically, expand your selected choice (i.e. Austria)
- Environment is kept under "Policy" section (climate, water, energy)
- Note: may not be in English!