Answered By: Dominique Winn Last Updated: Sep 13, 2017 Views: 4
3. Lexis Nexis
Steps in Lexis Nexis: Company research >[enter company] > confirm company > Financials > Analyst report > [PDF of target company]
4. See the Bentley Library Company Research libguide for additional resources
Definition of Investment analysis? It's a critical look at a company's financial health to determine suitable investment strategies. Equity analysts create reports for speedy research of a company's financial performance. Investors build a portfolio from that information. Competing analyst firms publish slightly different reports on the same company, each analyst offering insights or foward-thinking statements from their perspective.
How is it different from stock report? The user is not necessarily assembling a portfolio with the information.
What is in a stock report or investment analysis like this?
Reports are typically under 10 pages and are signed, and dated. Content of a company's analyst report can include many parts. EXAMPLE: British Petroleum (BP):
- access the oil major's share price performance chart
- synopsis of broker sentiment towards the stock
- key ratios
- independent research report (optional)
- fair value estimate (optional)
- financial health assessment (optional)