Answered By: Lisa Curtin Last Updated: Sep 20, 2023 Views: 174
Use Library Search:
- Find the journal: If you know the name of the journal, magazine or newspaper that the article appears in, you can search for the full-text of the article by doing a Journal Search. Follow these steps:
- Go to the library's home page and enter the name of the journal, magazine or newspaper in the search box (e.g. "Creativity and Innovation Management"). Alternatively, click on the "Journal Search" link underneath the search box to go directly to the journal search box to perform a search that will be restricted to journals.
- The search results will include information about full-text access available though our databases ("available online") and print subscriptions ("held by library" or "available at Bentley University Library Periodicals"). If the journal is available online, you will see which database(s) it can be found in and the dates for which it is available.
- Click on the appropriate database link to search for the article in that database.
- If the library does not have online or hardcopy access to the journal, you can request a copy of the article you need via Interlibrary Loan (ILL) or contact the Reference Desk for assistance.
Search using the title of the article, keywords from the title, or the author's name: If you do not know the name of journal, magazine or newspaper, but do know the title of the article and/or the author's name, try searching "Everything" in the Library Search box. If you do not locate the article, or if the full-text of the article does not appear to be available, contact the Reference Desk for assistance.
Use Google Scholar:
if you cannot locate the article using Library Search, try searching Google Scholar, which may link you directly to the article, or at least provide you with the complete citation information.
- Go Google Scholar [https://scholar.google.com/] (if you are off-campus, use this link to learn how to configure Google Scholar).
- Enter the title of the article and click [search].
- If you locate the article, and see "Access @ Bentley Library" noted in the right-hand column, the article should be available for you to access via one of the library's databases.
If you do not locate the article, or if the full-text of the article does not appear to be available, contact the Reference Desk for assistance.