Bentley Library Coronavirus Updates & Remote Resources
Bentley Library will be closed until further notice beginning at 6:00 pm (EDT) Tuesday, March 17th.
Please see our Bentley Library Coronavirus Updates & Remote Services guide for more information. This page will be regularly updated.
Answered By: Lisa Curtin Last Updated: Jul 08, 2019 Views: 55
If you know the name of the journal, magazine or newspaper that the article appears in, you can search for the full-text of the article in the Journal Finder. Follow these steps:
- Go to the library's home page and click on "Journal Finder" tab.
- Enter the name of the journal, magazine or newspaper in the search box and click [search]. The Journal Finder will tell you if the full-text is available, the database it can be found in, and the dates for which it is available. It will also tell you if the library subscribes to a hardcopy of the journal, and link you to the library's catalog so that you can check our hardcopy holdings.
- Click on the appropriate database link to search for the article in that database.
- If the library does not have online or hardcopy access to the journal, you can request a copy of the article you need via Interlibrary Loan (ILL) or contact the Reference Desk for assistance.
If you do not know the name of journal, magazine or newspaper, but do know the title of the article and/or the author's name, try searching Google Scholar via the library's website. Google Scholar may link you directly to the article, or at least provide you with the complete citation information.
- Go to the library's home page and click on the "Google Scholar" tab (if you are off-campus, use this link to learn how to configure Google Scholar).
- Enter the title of the article and click [search].
- If you locate the article, and see "Full-Text at Bentley" noted in the right-hand column, the article should be available for you to access. Click on the "Full-Text at Bentley" link. If you are off-campus, you will be prompted to enter your Bentley email address and password.
- If you do not locate the article, or if the full-text of the article does not appear to be available, contact the Reference Desk for assistance.