Answered By: Lisa Curtin Last Updated: Sep 19, 2023 Views: 392
First, check the Bentley Library's Citing Online Business Resources using APA Style research guide. A print copy of APA Style: Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 7th ed. is available at the Reference Desk.
We also recommend the following online style guide web sites:
Help and examples from the American Psychological Association:
- APA Reference Examples
Citation examples for the most common works that writers cite (books, articles, websites, data, social media and more) are provided on this page.
- In-text Citation Guidance & Examples
This page provides examples and guidance for in-text citations, including basic principles; paraphrases and direct quotations; interviews; classroom and intranet sources; and personal communications.
- Academic Writer Tutorial: Basics of Seventh Edition APA Style
"This tutorial is designed for writers who are new to APA Style. It covers the basics of seventh edition APA Style, including paper elements, format, and organization; academic writing style; grammar and usage; bias-free language; mechanics of style; tables and figures; in-text citations, paraphrasing, and quotations; and reference list format and order."
- Sample Papers
This page contains several sample papers formatted in seventh edition APA Style.
- Other Handouts and Guides
Additional instructional aids for the seventh edition Publication Manual.
- Lastly, the new APA Style Blog is a great source for additional explanation and insights into APA Style.
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab's (OWL) APA Formatting and Style Guide provides numerous examples for the general format of APA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and reference pages.
For more assistance with writing and citation, visit Bentley's Writing Center.