Bentley Library Status & Services
The Bentley Library building is open to current Bentley students, faculty, and staff for the spring trimester with limited services and occupancy.
Unfortunately, we will remain closed to alumni, community users, and visitors until further notice. Virtual services will continue to be available. Visit our Library Status & Services page for more information and the latest news.
Answered By: Lisa Curtin Last Updated: Aug 14, 2019 Views: 1040
FactSet Mergers (aka Mergerstat)
FactSet is a Trading Room database. It can be accessed in the Trading Room as well as on the library's public computers.
FactSet Mergers provides a wealth of transaction data, including dates of announcement and closing, deal terms, financial information and ratios on the target and acquiring companies, roles and identities, and financial and legal advisors. The database includes all deals that fit the following criteria:
- both the buyer and seller are disclosed
- there is a minimum 5% stake
- the transaction involves the sale of a stake in business operations as opposed to stand alone assets
Top print reference:
MergerStat Review: http://libcat.bentley.edu/record=b1003041
This annual publication provides comprehensive rosters, data, and statistics on M&A transactions that involve U.S. companies, including privately held, publicly traded and cross–border transactions. It also provides statistical analysis of activity and data by industry (organized by SIC Code) and geography. Includes twenty-five years of summary statistics and largest announcements in history.
Additional databases and resources:
LexisNexis (Nexis Uni) - incudes access to the Mergerstat M&A Database. Use the Menu link at the top of the page to select COMPANY DOSSIER. Search for your company. On the left side of the company's dossier page, click Company Activities, then select Mergers.
Mergent Online is also an excellent database for searching acquisitions and mergers. Search under company details. You can build a report on specific topics and specify date range. There are many topics including and
- S&P Capital IQ NetAdvantage provides access to S&Ps Company and Industry Surveys, Stock Guides, Dividend Records, Mutual Fund Ratings, Corporation Records and much more. Search for a company, then look at " to find mergers and acquisitions information.
NOTE: The Trading Room provides access to the full S&P Capital IQ database, which provides more comprehensive information than what is available in the library's Capital IQ NetAdvatange database subscription. Check the Trading Room's Capital IQ database for additional M&A information.
- PrivCo provides private company financial data including M&A activity, investor information, private equity and venture capital data. Under Advanced Search click M&A Deals. Choose a region and a target industry (e.g. Massachusetts AND Pharmaceutical & Drug Manufacturing and/or Pharmaceutical Research & Drug Discovery) to find a list of companies fitting this profile.